So you love beer, bacon and mac n cheese? Well then, you’ve come to the right place to find the recipe for the best mac n cheese you will ever eat, I promise you. We made this in our test kitchen and were blown away at how rich and tangy the flavors came out. This is by far one of our favorite dishes and we think you will feel the same way. Enjoy!
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup amber beer
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups (12 ounces)Mixed cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 shallot
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk, beer and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Stir in 2 cups mixed cheddar, Gruyere cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan
- Add chives
- Drain macaroni; stir into sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
- Top with crumbled bacon. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.