This is a healthy and delicious salad that is easy to prepare and has a depth of flavor that has to be experienced to be believed. Paired with our signature cocktail, the California Cooler, this makes the perfect lunch or appetizer.
Charred Kale & Shrimp Salad
- 2 bundles fresh kale
- 1 lb med raw shrimp
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 oz Fresh dill
- 1 lemon
- Dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 Avocado
- Salt / Pepper
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a bowl, mix kale, EVOO, salt & pepper.
- Over an open flame, either on an outdoor grill or gas stovetop, lightly char the kale.
- Separate kale leaves from the stems. Chope and set aside the leaves, discard the stems.
- For the dressing, get a fresh bowl and mix the greek yogurt, chopped dill, lemon zest, honey, salt & pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Preheat a skillet to medium temp, add EVOO and cook the shrimp. Depending on size this should only take 3-4 minutes.
- Add desired amount of dressing to the kale leaves, toss, and plate. Add dried cranberries, avocado, shrimp, and lemon zest to the top.
- 1 bottle watermelon hint water
- 1 oz vodka
- Berry simple syrup
- Cucumber slices
- Watermelon slice
- In a shaker add ice, vodka, watermelon hint water, berry simple syrup, and shake.
- Place cucumber slices at the bottom of your glass, then pour the shaker. Add watermelon slices for garnish and yumminess.