Delicious and eminently snackable, this toffee is easy to make and guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add sugar & salt. Cook over medium heat constantly stirring (or else it will burn). Allow it to come to a boil, and cook until mixture becomes a dark amber an reaches 285 degrees F (137 C).
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper
- As soon as toffee mixture is correct temperature, pour it out onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, and use a spatula to spread them over the toffee as they melt. Sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate and press in slightly. Use a plastic glove or bag over your hand to avoid the mess.
- Place the toffee in the fridge to chill until it sets. Break into pieces and enjoy.