This one was messy, gooey and to be honest, I didn’t think it was going to come out as good as it did. My specialty is bbq and making breakfast scrambles so making a detailed dessert recipe had me a bit freaked out. To my surprise, these cupcakes came out flawless! They tasted like a flourless chocolate torte and the coffee added a wonderful softness and flavor! Death by chocolate has never been so sweet.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong hot coffee
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels (Add once Cupcakes are poured in cups…trust me)
- Heat oven to 350°F and get your cupcake tins ready.
- Mix together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed of for about 2 minutes.
- With mixer on low, stir in hot coffee (batter will be very thin).
- Pour batter into prepared pans; fill liners ¾ full.
- Bake 16-20 minutes for cupcakes (30 to 35 minutes for round pans), or until toothpick center comes out clean.
- Remember, there are melted chocolate chips in the middle! Cool cupcakes for around 10 minutes before removing from tin and let cool completely.
- Batter makes approximately 26 cupcakes. For mini-cupcakes, bake for 12 minutes.
- Use dark chocolate frosting