Turkey Vegetable Appetizer
4 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 ounces sour cream
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon season salt
1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 bunch red leaf lettuce, washed and dried
1/2 yellow squash, thinly sliced
4 radishes, thinly sliced
2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1. To make the cream cheese mixture: Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, add more paprika if desired.
2. To make the vegetable arrangement: On a large platter, arrange the red lettuce leaves so that red is on the outer edge. Then place the vegetables like turkey feathers. The large plume of feathers behind the turkey are carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, red onions, and radishes layered in rows. The bottom feathers are yellow squash, zucchini, yellow peppers, and celery.
3. For the body, invert a soup bowl and spread the cream cheese mixture over it. Use the mixture as a glue to add the radishes along the bottom in 2 rows and follow with mushrooms, adding until completely covering the bowl.
4. For the chest, place 3 sun-dried tomato halves glued together with some of the cheese mixture on the body of mushrooms.
5. For the head, place 1/2 of a radish. Spread some cheese mixture on the cut side and place just above the tomatoes.
6. For the wattle, adhere a yellow pepper slice to the radish head with the cheese mixture.
7. Place the remaining cream cheese mixture in a bowl for dipping.
This is a recipe bookmark. Please visit the original recipe for accurate ingredients & directions.