Getting the usual dinner of chicken and veggies can be downright boring so why not spice it up a bit and add some flavors that will be sure to give this old dish some new kick!
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 oz. baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 oz. baby carrots
- 16 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and soy sauce mixture into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, basting every hour.
Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
Serve chicken immediately with potatoes, carrots and green beans, garnished with parsley, if desired.