When you’re on a low carb diet you miss a lot of things. A big one for a lot of people is pasta, so try out our take on the classic Spaghetti & Meatballs. The spaghetti squash isn’t pasta spaghetti, to be sure, but it has a depth of flavor and freshness that can’t be beat.
Finish it off with another signature cocktail, the Blackberry Hill made with hint blackberry water, for a refreshing fruit flavor with a rum punch!
Spaghetti Squash with Meatballs
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 med tomato
- 1 can tomato sauce
- parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
- 1 lemon
- Italian herbs / fennel
- Salt & Pepper
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut spaghetti squash down the middle, drizzle EVOO and salt & pepper to taste
- Place cut side down on parchment paper covered cookie sheet and bake for 35 minutes at 400°
- Make the meatballs: combine ground turkey, salt & pepper, italian seasonings, EVOO in a bowl. Form meatballs and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 400°
- With a spoon, remove the seeds from the center of the cooked spaghetti squash and discard. Switch to a fork and pull out all to good spaghetti squash and put in a bowl.
- Add EVOO, salt & pepper, chopped fresh basil, and stir. Set aside.
- Make the sauce: Dice medium tomato, place in saucepan with basil, italian seasoning, fennel, salt and pepper, 1 can of tomato sauce and EVOO
- Cook tomato sauce for 20 minutes. Place cooked meatballs in sauce and let simmer.
- Pour sauce and meatballs over shredded spaghetti squash. Top with parmesan cheese and lemon zest.
- 1 bottle Blackberry Hint water
- 1 oz Bacardi Rum
- Grape juice
- Lime juice
- Orange wedge
- Add ice, Blackberry Hint Water, Bacardi Rum, Grape Juice and Lime Juice
- Shake vigorously
- Pour and garnish with orange wedge