Nothing says Summertime like the smell of coals burning and the sizzle of a great piece of meat cooking on the grill. If you’ve never grilled a Tri-tip on the BBQ before, this is something you’re going to want to over and over again because the flavor is second to none! I recommend going to your favorite local butcher shop and selecting a great 2 pound Tri-tip. You can get pre marinated ones in all kinds of flavors: Hawaiian, Garlic, Bourbon and more but don’t be afraid to marinate it yourself with your favorite sauce or rub.
Summer, outdoor parties, and awesome cars go hand in hand. If you need Mustang or F150 parts, visit our friends at American Muscle.
- 1.5-2.5 pound Tri-tip
- Mesquite wood charcoal
- Favorite marinade
- Place charcoal in grill and heat till coals turn white
- Place meat on direct heat – 5 minutes on each side to sear in juices
- Remove meat from direct heat and place on opposite side of grill top and cover
- Flip meat after 20 minutes-close lid. let cook for 25 minutes
- Remove meat from grill and let stand for 10 minutes
- Cut and serve