Lasagna in a crockpot? Say what! Thats right, and I gotta say, this was one of my favorite dishes i’ve ever made in the old slow cooker! It came out so tender and delicious, everything was perfect. The only thing I like is a crusty cheese top but thats something you can do with a torch if need-be. Otherwise, enjoy your new favorite dish!
- 1 pound, ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese(optional)
- 15 “no cook” lasagna noodles
- Cook ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- Spoon one-fourth of the meat mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the meat mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the meat mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining meat mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.