For a healthy end of summer dinner, try this amazing Chicken Roulade Rollup recipe. This recipe is pretty low carb, just the tomatoes and a small amount of corn starch in the sauce. If you like, those can be avoided or substituted. One thing you shouldn’t substitute is the refreshing cocktail we paired with this delicious dinner.
We put a spin on a classic Georgia Peach by adding pineapple juice and peach hint water. The fresh mint and peach slice give it just the right amount of pop.
Chicken Roulade Rollups
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- Plastic Wrap
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- Feta cheese
- Oven roasted tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- Salt / Pepper
- Wash and pat dry the chicken, then butterfly and separate completely. Place plastic wrap over the chicken and flatten.
- Add spinach, tomato, and feta on top of the chicken, then roll and use a toothpick to secure.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Warm a skillet to medium heat and warm EVOO. Brown your chicken rollups until they look nice.
- Bake at 350°for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Saffron Basil Creme
- Add chopped basil, heavy cream, salt & pepper to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in saffron and corn starch.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
Pineapple “Georgia” Peach
- 1 bottle Peach Hint Water
- 1 oz Jack Daniels Whiskey
- Lemon juice
- Pineapple juice
- Fresh peach slice
- Fresh mint
- Add ice, whiskey, peach hint water, pineapple juice, lemon juice to a shaker.
- Shake vigorously
- Pour and garnish with peach slices and mint